Sunday, June 30, 2013

And Samuel Makes Three

Well folks....he's here! On June 24th Jimmy and I got up at 4:15am and headed over to the hospital.  Once there they started the IV and the anesthesiologist started asking all his questions in order to make sure I could have a spinal block. They also spent about 30 minutes monitoring baby's heartbeat. That was pretty entertaining. He was very active the entire time so he'd kick around and get his heart up into the 150s and then take a quick rest and it'd get back down to the 120s. At 6:30 they wheeled me back to the operating room to get set up. I immediately started shivering...it's freezing in there and those hospital gowns do nothing to keep you warm. Thank goodness for heated blankets! The spinal block wet well. It was weird to suddenly start feeling warm in my lower half because of the numbing. Then they laid me out and set up the drape. My doctor came in and turned on some music which was kind of relaxing. An then they let Jimmy in. He came and stood by me and I told him what had happened once I came in the back. Mostly I was trying to keep myself busy from thinking about the fact that they were slicing me open. After about four minutes they told me that I should feel some tugging and then he would be born. Jimmy watched over the drape and got to see as they pulled him out. Samuel  was born at 6:46am, weighed 8 lbs 4 oz, and is 19 inches long. I shudder to think how big he would have been if I had been allowed to go into labor on my own. After that they cleaned me up and had Jimmy go to the nursery with Sam. Within half an hour the three of us were in recovery together. It really was amazing and we love him already. 

And now for the pictures :)












No comments:

Post a Comment