Monday, November 24, 2014

Focus On Family

With the holiday season upon us, I have been thinking a lot about family and what it means to me. I've been so incredibly blessed with a loving husband and a cutie-pie of a son. They bring so much joy to me life. It's amazing how much those two can make me laugh. I recently read a quote from Marjorie Pay Hinckley that really got me thinking. It says, "We women have a lot to learn about simplifying our lives. We have to decide what is important and then move along at the right pace that is comfortable for us. We have to develop the maturity to stop trying to prove something. We have to learn to be content with what we are." Lately, I've been feeling the need to simplify my own life. Too often, I find myself worrying and stressing over things that don't really matter. What matters most is family. I've decided (starting today) that I am going to make sure family comes first. A big step for me is deleting my facebook account. With it's easy accessibility, I find myself taking a few minutes here and there to peruse facebook when really I should be spending those precious few minutes playing on the floor with Sam, hugging Jimmy or doing something productive for myself like reading or sewing. So, these are my random thoughts. Bet you're glad you read this, huh? Just joking. I hope that someone got something from this. I definitely did.

Until next time,

Kyrstie










No comments:

Post a Comment